R


※Robert Jacob, Inc. やRobert Jacobs, Inc. と資料によっては色々明記されているこの造船所は、1860年にデイヴィッド・カール David Carllが設立したのが始まり。1886年にヘンリー・ピープグラス Henry Piepgrasに買収され、さらに1900年にロバート・ジェイコブ Robert Jacobに買収される。第一次大戦時には駆潜艇や港内曳船を建造。大戦間には元のヨット建造に戻る。1946年にコンソリデーテッド造船会社 Consolidated Shipbuildingに売却され造船所をシティ・アイランド City Islandに移す。1958年にコンソリデーテッド造船会社は閉鎖し、当造船所はヨット修理造船所としてウェズリー・ロッドストロム Wesley Rodstromに売却され現在に至る
↑A view of the Robert Jacob Shipyard, City Island, NY, c. July 1944, which shows Harbor Tugs, Vospers, and YMS Auxiliary Motor Minesweepers under construction. In 1946 the Robert Jacob Shipyard was sold to Consolidated Shipbuilding of Morris Heights. Consolidated then over a 2 year period relocated completely to City Island. Consolidated remained in business until 1957-58, was then sold to Wes Rodstrom who operated the yard from 1959 to about 1963 as Rodstroms Yacht Yard then changed the name back somewhat to Consolidated Yacht Yard. Today Consolidated Yacht Yard is still owned by Rodstrom family. Photo courtesy of the City Island Nautical Museum and Tom Nye. Image courtesy of NavSource.


Update 16/11/27